Frequently Asked Questions
Yes this site is completely free, and you get the full set of services and features right from the start. We cover our costs through advertising, and believe you should be able to have access to information about you and your ancestors and family for free. There is no monthly charge to use the site, you don’t have to purchase anything, and you won't be hassled to upgrade at any point.
- Check the Junk/Spam folder of your email for the activation email. If it has been marked as spam, re-mark it as "safe" or "not junk."
- To ensure successful delivery of future emails from FullFamilyTree, add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your contacts or safe senders list.
- You can resend your activation email by attempting to login to your account. Because your account is not activated, you will receive an error message; however, you may click the "Resend Activation Email" link in the error message to resend the activation email.
- If you entered the wrong email address when registering, you may change your email in Step 3 by instead clicking on "Change Your Account Info".
You must be logged in to change your notifications settings.
To change your notifications settings:
- Go to the Notifications Settings account page.
- Uncheck the box next to "I want to be sent emails for the following notifications: "
- Click "Save"
You can also filter emails you receive for different types of notifications by checking and unchecking individual boxes next to each type of notification.
You must be logged in to delete profiles you edit.
To delete a profile that you edit:
- Go to the Profiles I Edit account page.
- You will see a list of all of the profiles you edit. Click the Delete link to the right of the profile you wish to delete.
- Check the confirmation box in the popup that comes up, and click the Delete button.
- Once deleted, you should see a confirmation message at the top of the page.
Currently, we do not support the importation of genealogical data files such as GEDCOM. We plan on implementing this feature in six months.
We award points to users for completing activities like successfully inviting family members to come join them here. In the future, points may be used to compare progress with other users and be redeemable in contests.